Personal Professional Development
Develop yourself as an ethical and proficient business professional. Open your mind to critical thinking, growth, and resilience. Consider foundational business activities of mentoring and networking. Conduct yourself professionally with peers.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Analyse their personal professional development using professional reflective practices
- Explain the role of ethics in professions
- Analyse and represent their personal professional learning ecosystem (incorporating formal and informal sources of learning)
- Reflect on the nature of their involvement in cooperative learning processes
- Developing as an Individual – your individual learning ecosystem
- 1 How your brain works and how you learn
- 2 Critical thinking, Growth Mindset and Resilience
- 3 Peer and Cooperative Learning
- Developing as a professional - your professional learning ecosystem
- 4 Professional Learning and Reflectivity
- 5 Industry Knowledge
- 6 Professional Identity
- 7 Networking
- 8 Mentoring
- 9 Portfolios
No eligibility requirements
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other online material) Headset including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or presentations)
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units. MyUni is the University of Adelaide's online learning environment. MyUni provides access to various features including announcements, course materials, discussion boards and assessments.
This course aims to provide students with the skills necessary to begin their development as a business professional. As students develop their skills and knowledge in their chosen profession it is important that they also develop a broader set of skills and identity as a professional.
Assessment 1: Professional Ethical Behaviour Statement. Relates to Learning Outcome 2 Assessment 2: Personal Professional Development Plan. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 Assessment 3: Personal and Professional Development Learning Portfolio. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4 Assessment 4: Cooperative learning . Relates to Learning Outcome 4
- Professional Ethical Behaviour Statement (20%)
- Personal Professional Development Plan (25%)
- Personal and Professional Development Learning Portfolio (30%)
- Cooperative Learning (25%)
Current study term: 22 May 22 to 19 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of International Business - Major and Electives