Personal Professional Development
Your upfront cost: $0
- 22 May 2023
- 04 Sep 2023
The University of Adelaide has a habit of breaking new ground. It was Australia’s first university to welcome female students. The first to offer science and business degrees. Its alumni include Australia’s first female prime minister; the first Australian to walk in space; 2021 Young Australian of the Year; and 2020 Australian of the Year. Adelaide’s OUA degrees will give you deep discipline knowledge, transferable, future-ready skills, and the capability to change the world for the better. With Adelaide, you can make history.
Learn more about Adelaide University.
Explore Adelaide University courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Analyse their personal professional development using professional reflective practices
- Explain the role of ethics in professions
- Analyse and represent their personal professional learning ecosystem (incorporating formal and informal sources of learning)
- Reflect on the nature of their involvement in cooperative learning processes
- Developing as an Individual – your individual learning ecosystem
- 1 How your brain works and how you learn
- 2 Critical thinking, Growth Mindset and Resilience
- 3 Peer and Cooperative Learning
- Developing as a professional - your professional learning ecosystem
- 4 Professional Learning and Reflectivity
- 5 Industry Knowledge
- 6 Professional Identity
- 7 Networking
- 8 Mentoring
- 9 Portfolios
No eligibility requirements
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other online material) Headset including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or presentations)
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units. MyUni is the University of Adelaide's online learning environment. MyUni provides access to various features including announcements, course materials, discussion boards and assessments.
This course aims to provide students with the skills necessary to begin their development as a business professional. As students develop their skills and knowledge in their chosen profession it is important that they also develop a broader set of skills and identity as a professional.
Assessment 1: Professional Ethical Behaviour Statement. Relates to Learning Outcome 2 Assessment 2: Personal Professional Development Plan. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3 Assessment 3: Personal and Professional Development Learning Portfolio. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4 Assessment 4: Cooperative learning . Relates to Learning Outcome 4
- Professional Ethical Behaviour Statement (20%)
- Personal Professional Development Plan (25%)
- Personal and Professional Development Learning Portfolio (30%)
- Cooperative Learning (25%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).