Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Personality and sport
- Attitudes to sport
- Social factors affecting performance
- Arousal and anxiety
- Motivation and skill acquisition
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
The aim of this subject is to provide a theoretical introduction to sports psychology. Key psychological issues in sport, such as the relationship between personality and sport, aggression and anxiety, are explored. The subject content, readings and online activities will give students the opportunity to develop their knowledge of sports psychology.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment — Written (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Non invigilated exam (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Reading — Reading Log (20%)