Sustainable Business Practice
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Learn more about Swinburne.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Undertake and evaluate research, integrating business and innovation frameworks to solve business problems in local and global contexts in a holistic manner.
2. Demonstrate analytical, critical, ethical, sustainable and creative thinking and problem solving.
3. Communicate both verbally and in writing in an appropriate business manner.
4.Work collaboratively in teams demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
5. Self-evaluate through reflection and interaction with others and evaluate the performance of group members.
- Contemporary innovation frameworks and business models to facilitate creative problem solving
- Practical application of disciplinary knowledge to business contexts
- Ethical business practices
- Stakeholder considerations
- Integrated reporting factors
- Cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Professional team dynamics and team performance
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Reflective examination of personal learning
400 cps Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business degree and Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/ Bachelor of Business degree OR 300 cps in any UG business double degree OR 175 cps in any UG business single degree or BA-ACC
No additional requirements
This unit aims for students to use a range of models and frameworks to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing today’s business. Through this holistic application students will analyse and evaluate business problems in order to offer practical, innovative and creative solutions which display awareness of the impact of such decisions on the organisation’s triple bottom line, that is, people, planet and profit. Advanced Innovative Business Practice is the first of the two mandatory capstone units of the Bachelor of Business.
- Assignment (30-50%%)
- Assignment Individual (20-30%%)
- Reflection (30-40%%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 28 May 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.