Advanced Innovation Business Practice
Get practical, innovative and creative as you learn to tackle business problems. Apply ethical and sustainable thinking in local and global contexts. Consider the impact of the three Ps that govern an organisation: people, planet and profit.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Undertake and evaluate research, integrating business and innovation frameworks to solve business problems in local and global contexts in a holistic manner
- Demonstrate analytical, critical, ethical, sustainable and creative thinking and problem solving
- Communicate both verbally and in writing in an appropriate business manner
- Work collaboratively in diverse teams demonstrating cultural sensitivity
- Self-evaluate through reflection and interaction with others and evaluate the performance of group members.
- Contemporary innovation frameworks and business models to facilitate creative problem solving
- Practical application of disciplinary knowledge to business contexts , Ethical business practices , Practical application of disciplinary knowledge
- Ethical business practices
- Stakeholder considerations
- Integrated reporting factors
- Cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Professional team dynamics and team performance
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Reflective examination of personal learning
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
175 credit points (14 x subjects) from a 3 year degree before undertaking this subject Note: completion of BUS10012 is not sufficient to waive the need to complete 14 units.
No special requirements
Advanced Innovative Business Practice is the first of the two mandatory capstone subjects of the Bachelor of Business. In this subject, you will work in multidisciplinary teams to use a range of models and frameworks to facilitate a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing today’s business. Through this holistic application you will be able to analyse and evaluate business problems in order to offer practical, innovative and creative solutions which display awareness of the impact of such decisions on the organisation’s triple bottom line, that is, people, planet and profit.
- Group (30-50%)
- Individual/Group (20-30%)
- Individual (30-40%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.