- Introduction to marketing strategy and planning
- Conducting a detailed situation analysis including industry and market analyses
- Linking planning with strategic development: Setting marketing objectives
- Developing strategic competitive advantage
- Customer profiling, targeting and positioning
- Developing product, brand, pricing, distribution and marketing communication strategies
- Frameworks to measure progress and performance
- Control and implementation of the marketing plan
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Students must have completed 175 Credit Points (14 subjects) and, MKT10007 (or AVA10004) AND MKT20025.
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as MKT30013 Strategic Marketing Planning Project
This subject develops a student's analytical and creative skills in using appropriate tools to take a product or service and prepare a comprehensive strategy and plan to deliver the desired results for a business. To do this, students will be able to select, using rational selection criteria, an appropriate strategy that will perform best in the dynamic competitive context of a business's global environment.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignment 1 - Case Study - Individual (10-20%)
- Assignment 2 - Portfolio — Individual (30-50%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 1 — Group Marketing Plan (40-50%)