- Improving customer satisfaction and service quality
- Measuring and improving brand health
- Retail audits for effective portfolio, category management and channel strategy
- Understanding consumer attitudes and behaviour
- Idea generation for products and communications
- Developing and improving product offerings
- Effective promotions
- Evaluating advertising impact
- Developing prices
- Outlet design and merchandising formats
- Effective market segmentation
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-MKT10007-Fundamentals of Marketing , or AVA10004
Students must have completed 150 Credit Points (12 subjects) and MKT10007 Fundamentals of Marketing or AVA10004.
No special requirements
This subject examines the information and decision making in which organisations most commonly engage in to develop effective marketing. The content reflects key information areas that companies invest most of their market research budget.
It also imparts understanding and practical experience in critical aspects of research information and decision making in contemporary business contexts. Trends in marketing research, internal company market information strategies and information challenges posed by international and emerging markets are explored.
The use and interpretation of data generated from popular areas of contemporary market research and other research activities that support marketing and communication functions are covered.
- Assignment 1 — Minor (Individual) (15-25%)
- Assignment 2 — Major (Group) (30-40%)
- Invigilated Exam — Individual (35-55%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Business
- Major in Economics (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Finance (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Core Subjects Information Systems
- Major in Business Analysis
- Major in Data Analytics
- Co-Major in Economics (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Marketing