- Information in the organisation
- DBMS terminology and concepts.
- The relational data model.
- Structured Query Language
- Entity relational analysis
- Normalisation of data
- Data integrity
- Data warehousing
- Data normalisation
- Storage of semi-structured and unstructured data
- Querying semi-structured and unstructured data
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as INF20004 Database Concepts and Modelling.
This subject describes how to deal with the data available to organisations from both internal and external sources, how data is stored and retrieved in ways which are useful and effective. Students are introduced to techniques of data modelling and database design as a means of analysing, understanding and recording data. Some of the key commercial database management tools are discussed along with tools for quick and easy data retrieval and visualisation. The subject also introduces students to how people and organisations can access, analyse and make use of data found in social media etc.
- Individual (Portfolio) (100%)
Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business Core Subjects
- Major in Advertising (this Major is currently in teach-out)
- Major in Economics
- Major in Finance
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Advertising (this Co-Major is currently in teach-out)
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)