Business Information Systems Industry Project
Ingrate your information systems learning with real world application. Call on analytical and critical thinking, creative problem solving and technical and project management skills while you work in a team to deliver bespoke business solutions.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Analyse a real world problem in an organisational setting and recommend or develop solutions which are practical and effective utilising appropriate tools, techniques and methods
- Develop critical and constructive arguments to justify proposed advice, recommendations or solutions
- Apply project management methods to appraise, plan, design, manage and execute a small-scale project
- Demonstrate intellectual independence as a critical and reflective learner
- Demonstrate professional behaviours through effective leadership, teamwork and communication skills with all project stakeholders.
- This is a project unit, and as such, is aimed at students who wish to undertake a project in one of the areas related to Business Information Systems
- Communication and professional skills in dealing with clients, project supervisor(s) and colleagues
- Problem definition, scope and requirements gathering
- Requirements Modelling
- Design, HCI, User Interface
- Design, Usability, User Interface
- Project planning and management
- Agile development
- Test planning, execution and record-keeping
- Presentation Skills
- Technical documentation
- Personality and team roles
- Application development and configuration
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Students should have completed 187.5 credit points (15 subjects) from a Bachelor Degree OR 162.5 Credit points (13 subjects) from a Double Bachelor Degree AND INF30029 Information Technology Project Management.
No special requirements
This subject is a capstone industry project subject that provides students with professionally focused learning experiences during their final year of study. Students work in a team, supervised by an academic supervisor, to engage with the client(s) to identify, evaluate the business needs and requirements and then to propose and/or develop solutions. It is aimed at consolidating and integrating student learning with real world practice and applying principles and concepts pertaining to Business Information Systems/Information Technology. Students will use and develop their analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, technical and project management skills.
- Individual/Group (100%)
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Core Subjects Information Systems
- Major in Business Analysis
- Major in Data Analytics
- Co-Major in Economics (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Marketing