- Nature of business, information systems and design thinking for Business IS analysis and problem solving.
- Systems Analysis Approaches and Techniques
- Business Analysis
- Business Analysis Methods and Techniques
- Issues & Challenges in Business Information Systems Analysis
- Methods and Techniques for Business Information Systems Analysis
- Information Systems Service Innovation: Implications for Business Managers
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-INF20003-Requirements Analysis and Modelling , or SWI-INF10006
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as INF20002 Business Analysis and Modelling.
This subject aims to introduce students to business information systems analysis methodologies in an organisational context. It provides students with tools and techniques to assist in the analysis of complex, socio-technical problems that typify the nature of organisational information systems and the work of business and information analysts. The subject encompasses the technical, social and human dimensions of information systems problem solving and the value of teasing out the multiple perspectives and multiple objectives that are likely to exist in complex human problems situations and which can adversely impact information systems projects.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Individual (20-30%)
- Invigilated Exam (40-50%)
- Group (30-40%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Business
- Major in Economics (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Finance (THIS MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Major in Information Systems
- Major in Marketing
- Co-Major in Economics (for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Economics (not for Finance students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (cannot be taken with the Finance or Economics Major) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Finance (for Economics students) (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Information Systems
- Co-Major in Marketing (cannot be taken with the Marketing Major)
Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Core Subjects Information Systems
- Major in Business Analysis
- Major in Data Analytics
- Co-Major in Economics (THIS CO-MAJOR IS CURRENTLY IN TEACH-OUT)
- Co-Major in Marketing