- Use of and value of analytics in Business divisions, management functions, different management levels, performance management
- Business rules vs business data requirements
- Marketing analytics, financial analytics, sports analytics, geospatial analytics, security analytics, health analytics, SNA, etc.
- Multi-platform analytics (mobile, cloud, ERP)
- Data visualisation, dashboard design, storyboarding with analytics
- Data-driven decision making vs Intuitive decision making
- Introduction to advance analytics: Predictive, Prescriptive, CI, sentiment analytics, geospatial analytic
- Forecasting and predictive analytics, scenario planning
- Fast data, data lake, social media data, open data
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-INF10002-Database Analysis and Design , or SWI-INF20004
You must also complete 87.5 credit points (7 OUA subjects) before undertaking this subject.
No special requirements
This subject aims to develop and enhance students’ conceptual and practical understanding in Business Analytics in a business context. Students will have an opportunity to immerse themselves in a problem-solving activities requiring lateral and critical thinking by exploring Big Data, considering and applying the appropriate analytic techniques and/or tools, and approach an organisational problem through data-driven decision making process.
- Assignment 1 - Individual/Group (100%)