Wealth Creation and Estate Planning
Analyse the world of financial planning, investing and wealth creation.
Hone an ability to decipher risk profiles and recommend wealth creation strategies. Administer and review investment portfolios. Understand how estate planning processes run.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 May 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of how investment and portfolio construction is applied to retail investors
- demonstrate an understanding of the income and growth characteristics and risk and return characteristics of different investment asset classes
- identify and discuss the merits of retail investors investing in direct investments, managed investments and investment platforms
- assess a client's risk profile and use this information to recommend appropriate asset allocations and to construct portfolios for retail clients
- demonstrate an understanding of the benefits and dangers of gearing as a wealth creation strategy
- understand how to administer and review portfolios for retail clients
- demonstrate a knowledge of estate planning issues and administration of deceased estates
- understand the uses and applications of Powers of Attorney and the parties involved.
- Investing for individuals
- Investment assets
- Managed investments
- Asset allocation for individual investors
- Portfolio strategies
- Estate planning and administration of estates
- Administering individual portfolios
- Printable format materials
Please note: This subject was previously known as Wealth Creation and Protection.
Build your knowledge of wealth creation for individual investors and estate planning within the financial planning process. You will learn the merits of retail investors investing in direct investments, managed investments and investment platforms. You will be able to assess an individual's risk profile and use this information to make informed recommendations for wealth creation, including the suitability of leveraged investment. Your knowledge will enable you to analyse client situations and to recommend appropriate wealth creation strategies. You will learn how to build, administer and review investment portfolios for retail clients. You will also learn about estate planning issues, the administration of deceased estates and the uses and applications of Powers of Attorney, in the context of identifying estate planning issues as part of the financial planning process.
- Test (15%)
- Assignment (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (45%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.