Wealth Creation and Estate Planning
Analyse the world of financial planning, investing and wealth creation.
Hone an ability to decipher risk profiles and recommend wealth creation strategies. Administer and review investment portfolios. Understand how estate planning processes run.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- Drawing on theories of wealth creation, identify the attributes required to accumulate wealth and determine the best investment diversification strategies for a client.
- Communicate the benefits of effective gearing to clients and recommend the most appropriate strategy to meet a client’s needs.
- Evaluate the effect of superannuation, taxation, operation of trusts and other factors related to estate planning when developing a financial plan.
- Evaluate the risk profile required of individuals seeking to accumulate significant wealth and how this relates to long-term investment goals.
- Apply a variety of methods to value a business and effectively address issues related to the successful transfer of the business to a successor.
- Determine how assets from a deceased estate are taxed and develop strategies to minimise the effect of tax on those assets.
- Convey the importance of making a will, its implications in asset protection and the role of the executor in carrying out specified instructions.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- RMI-FNP21-Superannuation and Retirement
- RMI-FNP12-Financial Markets (No longer available)
- RMI-FNP11-Personal Wealth Management (No longer available)
No additional requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as Wealth Creation and Protection.
The aim of this subject is to help you analyse a client’s financial situation, identify Estate Planning needs and then to generate a solution in conjunction with appropriate professionals.
The subject will cover different theories and strategies of Wealth Creation, the attributes required to accumulate wealth and an understanding of the importance risk profiling. You will consider the value of various aspects of investment opportunities, assets and vehicles, the impact of borrowing to invest, home ownership and salary packaging as Wealth Creation strategies.
The subject will also explore Estate Planning and Preservation and its role within the financial planning process.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1,2,5,7) (15%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7) (40%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1,2,3,4,5) (45%)
Current study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.