You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Superannuation in context
- The Australian superannuation system and regulator
- Types of superannuation funds & taxation of super
- Self managed superannuation funds
- Contributions to superannuation funds
- Superannuation benefit payments
- Retirement income planning and strategies
- Alternative retirement funding strategies
- Planning for the final retirement years
- Retirement planning issues - investment allocation, death, divorce, complaints
- Chat Rooms
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as Superannuation and Retirement Planning.
Build your understanding of a range of superannuation and retirement planning issues. You will cover: the superannuation system; regulation of superannuation; superannuation funds; self managed superannuation; role of trustees; contributions and withdrawals; complaints procedures; future changes to superannuation; superannuation in other countries; retirement products, pensions and annuities; and investment strategies for retirees. Upon completion of the subject you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the nature of superannuation, the ideology underlying it and its importance in the Australian economy and society.
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment (50%)
- Test (10%)
Textbook information is pending.