Superannuation and Retirement
Obtain a thorough understanding of the way superannuation and retirement planning work.
Uncover the underlying ideological principles that govern superannuation practices. Research retirement planning strategies like investment allocation.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 25 Aug 2019
At the completion of this subject you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the nature of superannuation, the ideology underlying it and its importance in the Australian economy and society
- explain the regulatory environment in which the superannuation system operates and the impact of the various regulatory bodies on the financial planning industry
- discuss the various types of superannuation and superannuation funds available in Australia
- discuss the role and obligations of superannuation fund trustees
- demonstrate an understanding of the nature and tax treatment of payments into a superannuation fund
- demonstrate an understanding of the rules that apply to contributions to and withdrawals from superannuation
- outline the taxation implications of a withdrawal from superannuation
- demonstrate an understanding of the concept of retirement planning and the broader social and financial issues associated with retirement
- demonstrate the ability to apply the knowledge gained to individual retirement planning
- discuss investment options and strategies appropriate to retirees
- demonstrate an understanding of the role of superannuation and retirement planning in the broader context of financial planning
- outline the types of superannuation funding applied by overseas countries such as Singapore, USA and Europe.
- Superannuation in context
- The Australian superannuation system and regulator
- Types of superannuation funds & taxation of super
- Self managed superannuation funds
- Contributions to superannuation funds
- Superannuation benefit payments
- Retirement income planning and strategies
- Alternative retirement funding strategies
- Planning for the final retirement years
- Retirement planning issues - investment allocation, death, divorce, complaints
- Chat Rooms
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Printable format materials
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Please note: This subject was previously known as Superannuation and Retirement Planning.
Build your understanding of a range of superannuation and retirement planning issues. You will cover: the superannuation system; regulation of superannuation; superannuation funds; self managed superannuation; role of trustees; contributions and withdrawals; complaints procedures; future changes to superannuation; superannuation in other countries; retirement products, pensions and annuities; and investment strategies for retirees. Upon completion of the subject you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the nature of superannuation, the ideology underlying it and its importance in the Australian economy and society.
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment (50%)
- Test (10%)
Textbook information is pending.