Law of Investments and Financial Markets
Outline the regulatory frameworks that impact the financial services industry.
Dig into key chapters of the Corporations Act and the ASIC Act. Explore financial advisors' statutory duties. Broaden your knowledge of mortgages and estate planning.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Understand the Corporations Act2001, relevant case law and ASIC regulations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the underlying principles of corporate finance law.
- Apply the key legal rules associated with a range of investments and associated issues. In addition, the course provides an opportunity for students to develop generic capabilities. These include the ability to: read and comprehend legislation, read and comprehend relevant common law.
- Identify and critically analyse legal and associated issues in the context of relevant legislation and common law.
- Express that analysis in writing in a precise manner.
- Problem solve, involving the application of knowledge to current issues.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
The subject examines the areas of law that impact on investors and those working in industries associated with investment products. Various forms of investment are considered including financial services and products, managed investments, real property and direct investments into companies.
- Assessment Task 1 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2) (10%)
- Assessment Task 2 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) (40%)
- Assessment Task 3 (Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) (50%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.