- Overview of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Demand Management & Order Fulfilment
- Procurement - Sourcing and Buying
- Production and Operations Management
- Inventory Management
- Transportation and Freight Logistics
- Warehousing and Distribution Channels
- Supply Chain Technologies
- Supply Chain Relationships
- Supply Network Design
- Reverse Logistics, Green Logistics and Supply Chain Sustainability
- Supply Chain Management - Current Issues and Future Challenges
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management is an introductory subject in logistics and supply chain management. There are no prerequisite subjects or assumed knowledge or capabilities.
No special requirements
In this introductory subject you will explore the elements of integrated business logistics and the role and application of logistics principles to supply/demand/value chain management. Logistics and the closely related concept of supply chain management (SCM) underpin business or corporate strategy as far as the latter sets company objectives in sales, market share, share price, returns on shareholder funds, investment and assets.
The subject also covers key activities related to logistics and supply chain management, including transportation, warehousing, inventory management, customer service, and purchasing.
- Assessment Task 1 (30%)
- Assessment Task 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)