Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Track the theories and concepts that underpin supply chain management.
Get to know transportation, warehousing and purchasing processes. Understand where logistics and supply chain management strategies can aid other areas of business organisation.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 26 Aug 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- draw on key logistics and supply chain management concepts and theories to inform a variety of business situations
- apply logistics and supply chain management strategies to assist other functional areas of a business organisation
- apply leadership and organisational skills to leverage resources of a group and develop solutions to operational issues
- interact and communicate effectively in team settings to solve problems in supply chain management.
- Please refer to RMIT University’s Learning Management System - Canvas, for further details.
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management is an introductory subject in logistics and supply chain management. There are no prerequisite subjects or assumed knowledge or capabilities.
No special requirements
In this introductory subject you will explore the elements of integrated business logistics and the role and application of logistics principles to supply/demand/value chain management. Logistics and the closely related concept of supply chain management (SCM) underpin business or corporate strategy as far as the latter sets company objectives in sales, market share, share price, returns on shareholder funds, investment and assets.
The subject also covers key activities related to logistics and supply chain management, including transportation, warehousing, inventory management, customer service, and purchasing.
- Assessment 1 (30%)
- Assessment 2 (30%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.