Find out how financial markets dictate the way business organisations operate.
Zero in on both global and domestic financial systems. Pick apart foreign exchange and equity-capital markets. Apply financial maths, and explore exchange rates and interest rates.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 24 Feb 2019
- 25 Aug 2019
On successful completion of this subject you will be able to:
- CLO1: Identify the nature and key components of financial systems domestically and globally to apply in diverse contexts
- CLO2: Identify the nature, role and determinants of the structure and level of interest rates in economics and financial contexts
- CLO3: Demonstrate the basic financial mathematics applied to the pricing of money and capital market instruments
- CLO4: Analyse the characteristics and functions of the main financial intermediaries operating in financial systems in a global context
- CLO5: Assess the operations of the foreign exchange market including the nature and determinants of exchange rates and relevant investment strategies
- CLO6: Explore the main features of equity and derivatives markets from investors’ perspective.
- CLO7: Work collaboratively in teams and communicate effectively to produce a high quality report.
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Flow of funds and Determination of Interest Rates
- The Money Market
- Foreign Exchange Market Part A
- Foreign Exchange Market Part B
- The Debt-Capital Market
- Equity Market
- Derivative Market
- Australian Financial System
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Financial Markets is a Level 1 subject that introduces you to the financial markets environment in which business organisations operate. The subject presents an overview of the financial system and its various financial markets, instruments and institutions. You will investigate the nature and role of the main financial markets within the domestic and global environment.
Please note: The assessment for this course is currently under review and is subject to change
- Linked CLOs: 3, 4, 5, 6 (30%)
- Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4 (20%)
- Invigilated Exam - Linked CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.