- Introduction - how do we understand community development in different settings?
- Working with refugees and migrants
- Developing funding proposals
- Working with women and men
- Working in regional Australia
- Sustainable practices and community
- Community development with the big end of town
- Sport and community building
- The non-government 'welfare' environment
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Students must have completed 18 credit points (6 OUA subjects) at Level 1 before enrolling in this subject.
This subject was previously known as COD235A Community Work Across Sites, Settings and Peoples.
Community development is used in a variety of contexts by many different groups. This subject provides an understanding and appreciation of the diversity of settings and areas of practice within community development in contemporary Australia. It examines the important part that story has in both shaping practice and methodologies. Students will gain skills and experience in describing and critically reflecting upon practical examples of community development in practice. They will learn skills to help with the preparation of funding applications.
Students are asked to prepare written assignments that examine particular fields of interest in the social policy field, the influence of language in social policy and to explore how theory and practice intersect. The assessments are designed to build student skills in research, social policy analysis and community-based policy development.
- Participation in discussion forum (10%)
- Bibliography (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (30%)
- Proposal (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Community Development
- Part I (Level 1) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 3) Core units - Major
- PART II (Level 2) Core units - Major
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Community Development
- Major in International Aid and Development
- Major in Security, Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
- Major in Sustainable Development