Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Assignment 1 - Assessment 1 (25%)
- Assignment 2 - Assessment 2 (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Assessment 3 (25%)
- Assignment 4 - Assessment 4 (10%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to the dynamics of modern warfare. Students will learn about the application, the utility and the limitations of the use of military force. The subject introduces students to the origins of war, key approaches to war-fighting, the levels of war, as well as its costs and logistical processes. It teaches students different types of warfare and variation in how conflict is conducted. The subject also covers the impact of technological change on how modern warfare is conducted, and addresses the political and ethical considerations of their use in conflict. The subject concludes with an assessment of the human costs of wars.