- Revision, using authentic materials
- Expressing contrast and making comparisons
- Plain present forms
- Making noun phrases, using verbs in plain form and 'no?'; talking about when something happens, using 'mae' and 'toki'
- Expressing costs
- Making requests and deciding something
- Using te-form to make a request to do something and describe actions in sequence
- Family members; describing continuous actions or states, using te-form
- Expressing change in state; dates; plain past tense; using past tense with 'ato' and 'toki'
- Expressing purpose, using the verb stem and 'ni'
- Inviting and suggesting
- Expressing cause and effect, using te-form
- Giving a reason or explanation
- Modifying clauses
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Students who have an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion under Macquarie University's Academic Progression Policy are not permitted to enrol in OUA units offered by Macquarie University. Students with an Academic Standing of Suspension or Exclusion who have enrolled in units through OUA will be withdrawn.
This unit was previously known as JPE102 Introductory Japanese II.
This higher introductory unit further develops basic Japanese language skills. In this unit, students develop their knowledge of Japanese language and use their growing understanding of Japanese grammar, vocabulary and culture to complete a variety of practical and authentic tasks which cover the four skill areas of listening, speaking, writing and reading.
- Exercise (30%)
- Participation (5%)
- Quizzes (5%)
- Test (15%)
- Test (45%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in Ancient History
- Major in English
- Major in Modern History
- Major in Philosophy
- Major in Politics
- Major in Society and Culture
- Major in Sociology
- Major in Creative Writing