IELTS Online General Training: Full Course - 4 Modules
Polish your English reading, listening, writing and speaking skills and prepare for the International English Language Testing System test.Benefit from interactive learning activities. Get helpful feedback on your written and spoken practice tests.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
In the IELTS Online General Training you will:
- learn the format of all four sections of the test: Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking
- become familiar with and practise different question types
- learn strategies for reading and locating answers quickly
- organise your time effectively
- analyse and understand IELTS Writing Task 1 and 2 questions
- plan and organise your writing effectively
- check and edit your writing
- understand the instructions you hear in the test
- possess the listening strategies and skills you need to help locate the answers
- improve your confidence in the three sections of the IELTS Speaking test
- learn the skills and strategies needed to achieve fluency and coherence in your speaking
- develop your range and accuracy in vocabulary and grammar.
- IELTS Reading
- IELTS Writing
- IELTS Listening
- IELTS Speaking
You should have at least an intermediate level of English (approximately IELTS Band 5 or TOEFL PBT 520 or iBT 68).
No additional requirements
The IELTS Online General Training course is specifically designed to prepare students to sit the International English Language Testing System test, and consists of four subjects: Reading (IELTS110), Writing (IELTS120), Listening (IELTS130) and Speaking (IELTS140). The course focuses on language and skills for the IELTS Test, and combines interactive teaching and learning activities with practice tests, tips, test-taking strategies and detailed feedback. Both the Writing and Speaking subjects include Assessment Tasks that can be submitted to an online tutor for feedback. You can log into the course 24 hours a day, seven days a week and work through these subjects at your own pace. Each subject should take you approximately 25 hours to complete, for a total of approximately 100 hours for the full program.
You can complete practice tests in all four modules. This is recommended but not compulsory. You can also complete Writing Task 1, Task 2 and Speaking Assessment Tasks and submit it to an online tutor for detailed feedback. This is a recommended but optional activity. Because this subject is a non-award subject, there will be no compulsory assignments to be submitted and no final exam.
Access Time: 90 days from the date you first login to the course. The course is 100% online and is accessible 24/7.
Suitable for IELTS General Training.
Assessment details, including dates, word limits and topics, will be provided in your study materials.
Current study term: 31 Dec 21 to 31 Dec 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.