IELTS Master Speaking
Talk the talk as you develop the skills to pass the International English Language Testing System speaking test.Go over the test’s three sections. Listen to audio of sample questions and answers. Build your confidence and English fluency.
- 31 Dec 2018
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
In the IELTS Master Speaking subject you will:
- improve your confidence in the three sections of the IELTS Speaking test
- learn the skills and strategies you need to achieve fluency and coherence in your speaking
- develop your range and accuracy in vocabulary and grammar.
Because this unit is a non-award subject, there will be no compulsory assignments to be submitted and no final exam.
- Introduction to the speaking test
- The three sections of the speaking test
- Focus on fluency and coherence
- Focus on vocabulary range and accuracy
- Focus on grammar range and accuracy
- Strategies for the IELTS speaking test
- IELTS speaking assessment task
- Practice tests with feedback
- Study strategies for the IELTS speaking test
- Printable format materials
You should have at least an intermediate level of English (approximately IELTS Band 5 or TOEFL PBT 520 or iBT 68).
No special requirements
This subject will improve your confidence in the three sections of the IELTS Speaking test. You will learn the skills and strategies you need to achieve fluency and coherence, as well as develop your range and accuracy in vocabulary and grammar. This subject includes over 30 minutes of audio recordings of sample questions and answers. You will be able to complete over 50 interactive speaking activities and compare your answers with model answers from other students and teachers. In addition, you will be able to record, listen, evaluate your answers, and complete two practice tests. It should take you approximately 25 hours of online study to complete the subject materials.
Access Time: 30 days from the date of first login to the subject.
Additional Information: The IELTS Master Speaking subject uses Adobe Reader for the Workbook and the printable version of the Study Plan. Many computers already have Adobe Reader installed, but if not, full instructions on how to download this for free are provided within the course.
Suitable for Academic or General Training IELTS exam preparation.
Assessment details, including dates, word limits and topics, will be provided in your study materials.
Textbook information is pending.