IELTS Master Listening
Build your listening skills in advance of your International English Language Testing System test.Practice with sample listening exercises. Distinguish accents and synonyms. Understand the format and the types of questions you’ll find on the test.
- 01 Jan 2019
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
In the IELTS Master Listening subject you will learn about:
- the format of the listening test
- understanding the instructions you hear in the test
- the types of questions you will read in the test and what they require you to do
- the listening strategies and skills you need to help you locate the answers.
You can also complete a practice listening test. This is recommended but not compulsory. Because this unit is a non-award subject, there will be no compulsory assignments to be submitted and no final exam.
- Introduction to the listening test
- Question types
- General test - taking strategies
- Before you listen - predicting what you will hear
- Before you listen - preparing to hear synonyms
- Section 1 of the listening test
- Section 2 of the listening test
- Section 3 of the listening test
- Section 4 of the listening test
- Practice test with answers
- Study strategies for the IELTS listening test
- Printable format materials
You should have at least an intermediate level of English (approximately IELTS Band 5 or TOEFL PBT 520 or iBT 68).
No special requirements
This subject will help you to develop and practise the skills and strategies you need to achieve success in the IELTS Listening test. You will learn about the format of the listening test, how to understand the instructions you hear, the types of questions and what they require you to do and the listening strategies and skills that will help you to locate the answers. This subject includes four hours of listening activities and a range of voices and accents to provide you with realistic listening practice. You will also have access to timed activities similar to the listening test, extensive feedback and a full practice test with answers. It should take you approximately 25 hours of online study to complete the subject materials.
Access Time: 30 days from the date of first login to the subject.
Additional Information: The IELTS Master listening subject uses Adobe Reader for the Workbook and the printable version of the Study Plan. Many computers already have Adobe Reader installed, but if not, full instructions on how to download this for free are provided within the course.
Suitable for Academic or General Training IELTS exam preparation.
Assessment details, including dates, word limits and topics, will be provided in your study materials.
Textbook information is pending.