Your upfront cost: $0
- 24 Jul 2023
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 44,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about Macquarie.
Explore Macquarie courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On successful completion you will be able to
- Apply advanced and in-depth knowledge of research methods to critically evaluate evidence and to make evidence-based decisions.
- Generate research questions and critically analyse and evaluate different research methods to address those questions.
- Apply advanced critical thinking skills to generate, evaluate and transform professionally-oriented knowledge and practice
- Synthesise and communicate research and its results to different audiences.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
The objective of this unit is to extend student understanding and application of the research methods used to explore contemporary issues in a variety of educational settings. A staff member actively engaged in research will lead each of 6 workshops to expose students to a range of methodological approaches and to develop their understanding of evidence-based practice. As students proceed through the workshops they will consider the application of these research approaches to addressing an educational topic of personal relevance and interest.
- Problem set 2 (15%)
- Problem set 3 (15%)
- Problem set 1 (15%)
- Problem set 4 (15%)
- Portfolio (25%)
- Problem set 5 (15%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).