Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jul 2021
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion you will be able to
- Apply advanced and in-depth knowledge of research methods to critically evaluate evidence and to make evidence-based decisions.
- Generate research questions and critically analyse and evaluate different research methods to address those questions.
- Apply advanced critical thinking skills to generate, evaluate and transform professionally-oriented knowledge and practice
- Synthesise and communicate research and its results to different audiences.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
Pre-requisite Admission to M Teaching (0 to 5) (OUA)
No special requirements
The objective of this unit is to extend student understanding and application of the research methods used to explore contemporary issues in a variety of educational settings. A staff member actively engaged in research will lead each of 6 workshops to expose students to a range of methodological approaches and to develop their understanding of evidence-based practice. As students proceed through the workshops they will consider the application of these research approaches to addressing an educational topic of personal relevance and interest.
- Problem set 2 (15%)
- Problem set 3 (15%)
- Problem set 1 (15%)
- Problem set 4 (15%)
- Portfolio (25%)
- Problem set 5 (15%)
Current study term: 25 Jul 21 to 05 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.