Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion you will be able to
- Apply advanced and in-depth knowledge of research methods to critically evaluate evidence and to make evidence-based decisions.
- Generate research questions and critically analyse and evaluate different research methods to address those questions.
- Apply advanced critical thinking skills to generate, evaluate and transform professionally-oriented knowledge and practice
- Synthesise and communicate research and its results to different audiences.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
The objective of this unit is to extend student understanding and application of the research methods used to explore contemporary issues in a variety of educational settings. A staff member actively engaged in research will lead each of 6 workshops to expose students to a range of methodological approaches and to develop their understanding of evidence-based practice. As students proceed through the workshops they will consider the application of these research approaches to addressing an educational topic of personal relevance and interest.
- Problem set 2 (15%)
- Problem set 3 (15%)
- Problem set 1 (15%)
- Problem set 4 (15%)
- Portfolio (25%)
- Problem set 5 (15%)
Current study term: 24 Jul 22 to 06 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.