Professional Software Development
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Critique design patterns and their uses in object-oriented software design.
- Implement object-oriented software using design patterns.
- Justify the principles of software testing and their usage.
- Devise and execute a test plan for an object-oriented software system.
- • Software engineering.
- • Object-oriented programming (OOP).
- • Programming design patterns.
- • Software quality standards.
- • Emerging technology trends.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No additional requirements
This subject focuses on the design and development of software systems as commonly encountered in professional contexts. It is composed of two modules: The first module focuses on the use of design patterns in object-oriented software development, and the second module focuses on principles and practices of testing software systems.
- Programming assignment 2 (1000 words equivalent). (25%)
- One 1-hour exam focused on design patterns (1000 words equivalent). (20%)
- Programming assignment 1 (500 words equivalent). (15%)
- One test plan for a software project (1000 words equivalent). (20%)
- One 1-hour final exam focused on testing (1000 words equivalent). (20%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.