Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Identify and research a story, conduct interviews and gather appropriate research and actuality material in the sound medium.
- Report in a clear, concise, accurate and engaging way using a variety of audio elements and narrative conventions in an audio environment.
- Work with respect to key ethical and legal obligations associated with audio journalism.
- Set and meet deadlines, and report under pressure.
- Maintain a high level of current affairs and general knowledge (of local, national and international events to inform reporting.
- • Podcasts.
- • Audio writing.
- • Journalism.
- • Interviews.
- • Multimedia.
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:one of
Pre-requisites: Student must have completed 60 credit points of Level one subjects.
No additional requirements
This subject explores podcasting and the use of sound in storytelling. Through the production of individual podcasts you will develop interviewing, recording, voice presentation and editing skills. The subject also covers how to create, develop and tell stories in the context of a podcast, including how to write to audio, and how to develop and practice presenting skills to enable the production of compelling podcasts.
- Writing Portfolio (1500 words) A selection of news writing and podcast scripting exercises. The portfolio consists of stories from at least six separate weeks. Submitted in two parts. (30%)
- News Bulletin (equivalent to 1300 words) Script, edit, and record a short news bulletin with a mix of copy-only stories and stories with actuality. (30%)
- Podcast (equivalent to 1600 words) Research, script, edit, and record a short podcast with at least two interviewees and either atmos or SFX. (40%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.