Undergraduate | LTU-CSE3MAD | 2024
Mobile Application Development
Course information for 2024 intakeView information for 2023 course intake
- Study method
- 100% online
- Subject may require attendance
- Start dates
- 4 Mar 2024,
- View 2023 dates
- Entry requirements
- Part of a degree
- 12 weeks
HECS-HELP and FEE-HELP available
Mobile Application Development
About this subject
On successful completion you will be able to:
- Analyse the principles underlying mobile applications and mobile computing by comparing them to applications on different platforms (desktop & wearable)
- Investigate mobile user interface abstractions and mobile usability issues, design and program mobile applications for mobile devices on at least one platform
- Design and construct applications based on the notion of context-aware computing, including using sensors and location services.
- Interpret and apply application development methodologies to modern mobile platforms
- Application Design
- Application Coding
- Application Testing
- Application Publication
This subject is an introduction to mobile application development, including programming paradigms, models, technologies and platforms. The unique considerations for programming with mobile devices will be studied, including application architectures, mobile user interface issues, context-aware computing, the use of mobile sensing, middleware, mobile data management, and programming with wireless connections. Development of a range of mobile and wearable form factors will be discussed, from smartphones, to tablets of varying sizes. You will select one major platform as their specialisation to develop applications and implement their major programming assignment.
- Mobile Application Development (1500 word equivalent). (50%)
- One 3-hour Examination (3000 word equivalent). (50%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 38,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
Explore La Trobe courses.
- QS Ranking 2024:
- Times Higher Education Ranking 2024:
Part of a degree
To enrol in this subject you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- LAT-TEC-DEG-2024 - Bachelor of Information Technology
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Past La Trobe University students who have previously completed CSE2MAD (Mobile Application Development) or CSE2MAX (Mobile Application Development) are ineligible to enrol in this subject.
No additional requirements
This is in the range of 10 to 12 hours of study each week.
Equivalent full time study load (EFTSL) is one way to calculate your study load. One (1.0) EFTSL is equivalent to a full-time study load for one year.
Find out more information on Commonwealth Loans to understand what this means to your eligibility for financial support.
Once you’ve completed this subject it can be credited towards one of the following courses