Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 18 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
- Write code to clean and format data in preparation for data visualisation.
- Design appropriate and effective visualisations that help users gain deep insight into complex the data sets.
- Create interactive data visualisations for all users to effectively explore the data.
- Generate informative reports using data visualisations.
- • Working with data: From discovery to visualization
- • Choosing appropriate techniques for data visualization
- • Creating data visualizations with Tableau
- • Creating data visualizations with Python
- • Information design
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
The ability to visualise data is one of the most useful forms of data analysis and data presentation. Data visualisation provides an accessible way to see and understand trends, outliers and patterns in data. Nowadays there are many different tools for collecting and querying data. In order to gain full benefit from the collected data we need to visualise the data. In this subject you will learn the following: how to prepare data for visualisation; the design principals for creating effective data visualisations; and how to communicate your data analysis using reports containing data visualisations. You will learn how to use state of the art software tools for generating insightful and interactive data visualisations.
- Programming assignment 1 (1000 words equivalent) (25%)
- Programming assignment 2 (1000 words equivalent) (25%)
- End of semester examination (2000 words equivalent) (50%)
Current study term: 17 Jul 22 to 14 Oct 22
Textbook information is pending.