Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 Feb 2023
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 36,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
Learn more about La Trobe.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
- Explain and interpret Australian literature
- Identify and elucidate the context in which Australian literature was produced and how it was originally interpreted, and how interpretations have changed over time.
- Undertake the close analysis of complex literary texts and write clearly about that analysis
- • Australian literature.
- • Indigenous/First Nation Australian writing.
- • Australian poetry.
- • Australian detective fiction.
- • Australian short stories.
Pre-requisites: Students must have completed 60 credit points of Level one subjects.
No additional requirements
Australian literature has been seen as interested in trying to locate a specifically Australian identity. In this subject we consider twentieth and twenty-first century Australian writing which is in some way concerned with identifying Australian place, nationality, character, and landscape through representations of the past and our contemporary world. We examine the various ways in which history and place is used to present or contest versions of Australia.
- Online workshops 1000 words. (25%)
- Research Essay 2000 words. (50%)
- Essay 1000 words. (25%)
Current study term: 26 Feb 23 to 26 May 23
Textbook information is pending.