- Origins, construction & implications of identity
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You must complete Level 1 studies in Sociology before starting this subject.
No special requirements
Discover the main sociological theories of identity. You will explore contemporary debates surrounding identity through various sites used for the generation of social identities, for example, consumption, sexuality, class and gender. Through your studies, you will also explore the different ways in which contemporary social conditions, for example, the internet, consumption, globalisation, global warming and terrorism, and social categories such as gender, ethnicity, race, religion and social class variously structure identity possibilities.
- Assignment 1 - Key Papers Discussion (30%)
- Assignment 2 - Open Book Exam (20%)
- Assignment 3 - Quiz (20%)
- Assignment 4 - Research Essay (30%)