- Have you been to Xiangshan?
- The door is open
- You've called the wrong number
- She's gone out
- I am afraid he won't be able to make it
- Xi'an is even hotter than Beijing
- Where did you put the bike?
- Turn off the air-con
- My purse was stolen by a thief
- Wish you a peaceful journey
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials — a textbook and accompanying CD (see below)
- Audio/Visual equipment — Webcam and Headset
This subject follows on from CHN11 and CHN12 and focuses on presenting language that can be used in the everyday situations you are likely to encounter in both Australian and Chinese contexts. The subject presents a range of learning activities that can be integrated into any busy lifestyle and points out the difficulties you may encounter and provides suggestions on how to resolve or avoid them.
You will need access to a computer, a broadband internet connection, a webcam and a microphone headset. Native speakers of Mandarin and other Chinese dialects such as Cantonese and Hokkienese are not eligible for this subject.
- Assignment 1 - Speaking (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Written (15%)
- Assignment 3 - Submission of lecture notes (10%)
- Assignment 4 - Reading, listening, homework (20%)
- Assignment 5 - Written (15%)
- Assignment 6 - Oral (20%)