- The concept of strategy
- Goals, values and performance
- Analysing the environment
- Analysing resources and capabilities
- Strategy implementation and generic strategies
- Cost and differentiation strategies
- Strategic applications I
- Strategic applications II
- Strategic applications III
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, eg from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject aims to provide the necessary framework for future professionals to successfully make and support strategic managerial decisions. Developed from decision-making and strategic management perspective, the subject concentrates on issues that emphasise practical managerial applications within organisations.
This subject contains group work and an oral presentation. Students will be required to work in small groups to complete one of the assessment tasks aligned with a case study and provide an oral presentation as part of another assessment task aligned with a report.
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Briefing Document (10%)
- Assignment 3 - Report and Presentation (50%)
- Assignment 4 - Online Quiz (20%)