- History of management
- Planning and decision making
- Organising: Designing adaptive organisations
- Leading: Leadership
- Controlling: Control
- Ethics and social responsibility
- Organisational environments and cultures
- Innovation and change
- Global Management
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Assignment 1 - Case analysis (20%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)
- Assignment 3 - Report (30%)
- Assignment 4 - Quiz — Online (10%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject provides students with a general introduction to organisations and the functions of management. Topic areas will address issues related to organisations, management and society. The subject will cover the core management functions of leading, planning, controlling and organising.
This subject is part of the Business Pathway.
OUA Pathways recommends the best subjects to start your studies, even if you're not sure which degree you want to do. Each pathway includes four subjects based on your area of interest. Once you complete your recommended path you'll be able to choose from a range of degrees in your area of interest. Plus, each of the subjects you complete through OUA Pathways can also be credited towards your chosen degree.
Learn more about OUA Pathways.