Introduction to Business Law
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Possess a working knowledge of the key principles related to contract law, law of torts, consumer protection law and the law as it applies to various business structures, in particular company and partnership law, as well as an introductory knowledge of employment and anti-discrimination law.
- Explain the various components of the Australian legal system, in particular, the doctrine of precedent, the jurisdiction of Federal and State Courts and the sources of our law.
- Apply your legal knowledge to complex factual situations, through oral and/or written communication, to achieve a reasoned conclusion. The application of case law and statute involves the use of problem solving and decision making skills, in particular the ability to identify the relevant legal issues from a factual situation.
- Apply your legal knowledge to select the preferred solution to a factual situation.
- What is Law?
- What are the contract needs for business
- How is the contract interpreted?
- Ending the contract
- The Law of Torts and Negligence
- The Law of Torts and Negligence Continued
- Partnership & Agency Law
- Corporations Law
- Consumer Protection
- Anti-discrimination Law
- Australian Employment Law
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This course provides students with an overview of the Australian legal system as it pertains to commerce and management. It also provides detailed knowledge in the area of contract law and a knowledge of the law as it applies to torts, particularly professional negligence and to partnership.
- Online Quiz (25%)
- Problem Solving Assignment (25%)
- Final Exam (50%)
Current study term: 18 Jul 21 to 15 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Bachelor of Business
- Business Introductory Core Subjects
- Major in Human Resource Management
- Major in Management
- Major in Contemporary Marketing