Financial Planning 1
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Explain how financial planners are regulated and their legal obligations when providing advice to a client
- Perform, present and analyse a range of calculations to support a client's goals
- Provide appropriate taxation strategies for a client
- Provide appropriate wealth creation strategies for a client that take into account their risk tolerance, risk capacity, investment timeframe and the benefits of diversification (where applicable)
- Provide appropriate wealth protection (insurance) strategies for a client using a needs based approach
- Provide appropriate retirement and estate planning strategies for a client
- Calculate a client's age pension entitlement and advise strategies for increasing this.
- Personal Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Skills
- Taxation Planning
- Goal setting / investment choices
- Investing directly in Cash, Fixed Interest, Shares & Property
- Investing in Managed Investment Schemes
- Risk Management & Insurance
- Estate Planning
- Social Security
- Development of a Statement of Advice
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This course provides students with a broad overview of personal financial planning and what is required of a financial planner. It also provides students with an opportunity to practically apply the knowledge and skills learnt in this subject to a real-life financial planning task.
- Online Quiz (15%)
- Practice Based Assignment (70%)
- Online Quiz (15%)
Textbooks are not required.