- Devising a drama screen story idea
- Idea pitching and screenplay masterplan
- Revision, redrafting & polished presentation of short drama screenplays
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must complete Level 2 Communications studies before starting this subject.
No special requirements
Learn the script formats and development processes to design and write a short piece of drama screenwriting, up to 15 minutes in screen duration. The subject requires you to plan and develop a screenplay concept from idea through to an effective design plan. From this, you will then write a full, professionally formatted first-draft screenplay for critical assessment, before refining the work into a second draft. The primary focus of the subject is on mastery of the elements of effective screen story design and dynamics.
- Assignment 1 - Logline Idea Development (10%)
- Assignment 2 - Draft 1, Script (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Draft 2, plus redrafting notes (30%)
- Assignment 4 - Planning Assessment (30%)