Your upfront cost: $0
With a network of campuses spanning three cities in South East Queensland, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from over one hundred countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
Learn more about Griffith.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject you should:
- have developed skills in designing an individual project and studying independently
- have a foundational understanding of the research process
- have a foundational understanding of analysis and evaluation
- have the ability to locate an independent study project within a relevant theoretical framework
- have developed the ability to research and write a literature review
- understand and be able to identify the ethical and social implications of their independent project
- have the ability to critically reflect on the relation and contribution of their creative/research project within their chosen field
- have practical skills relevant to their professional/personal goals.
- There will be no formal subject topics/modules. Any subject work will be driven by the focus of the student's project & with guidance from their supervisor.
Before you enrol in this subject, you must ensure that you have completed at least one of your chosen major sequences.
No additional requirements
Advanced Project allows you to undertake a project based on an area of interest from within one of your majors and allows you the flexibility to choose a topic that inspires you and connects to your future plans and career.
Working with your tutor, you will develop your own mini-research project, creative project and exegesis or you can organise work experience and can use this to produce part of your assessable work in conjunction with an exegesis. This is a 20CP unit.
- Discussion Board Tasks (20%)
- Proposal (20%)
- Oral Presentation (20%)
- Final Project (40%)
Current study term: 06 Nov 22 to 10 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.