Writing for Children
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- access and critically discuss issues and resources relevant to children’s writing in Australia
- analyse and discuss selected texts in terms of language complexity, style, sub-text, rhythm, narrative structure and narrative technique
- devise and develop three new marketable concepts to a professional standard for works of children’s literature
- constructively critique work-in-progress by peers with the perceived needs of the given target audience in mind, and synthesise and apply, where appropriate, feedback on their own work-in-progress.
- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this subject will be provided in your study materials.
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
An advanced, special topic in writing for children leading to the production of marketable concepts for works of children's literature.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Picture Book (30%)
- Work of Junior Fiction (30%)
- Work of Adolescent Fiction (40%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.