- Introduction to UX and Usability
- Psychology and Experience
- Principles of Visual Design
- User Research Methods
- User Research Analysis & Modelling
- User Scenarios & Experience Maps
- Information Architecture & Concept Ideation
- User Interface Design & Wireframes
- User Testing
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Study guide
- Welcome letter
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 units or other relevant experience.
No special requirements
Understanding the profiles, needs and contexts of end-users is integral to designing an effective and engaging user experience. In this subject, students will learn fundamental principles of user-interface and user-experience design. Students will have the opportunity to apply these concepts to case scenarios in web, mobile, apps/games as well as other interactive experiences, including emergent digital technologies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (45%)
- Case Study (25%)
- Project (30%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Arts Digital Design and Fine Art
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture
Bachelor of Arts Digital Design
- Common Level 1 Subjects
- Level 1 Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects