Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Authorial identity
- Authenticity and post-modernity
- Authorising networks
- Representing authorial identity
- Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Hoaxes, stunts and pranks
- The future of the book etc
- *Note: Topics are sometimes altered in response to student feedback and to reflect changes and new
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject was previously known as Writing, Deception and Authenticity.
This subject explores issues of truth and authenticity in professional writing and publishing, providing students with an understanding of the cultural, ethical and legal issues of writing for publication. Historical and contemporary cases of fraud, faked identity, plagiarism, hoax, the role of the author and the blurring of genre boundaries are used to highlight the professional and personal responsibilities and dilemmas of writing and publishing in the public domain.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (25%)
- Personal essay (30%)
- Research essay (45%)
Bachelor of Arts Fine Art and Professional Writing and Publishing
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Painting
- Level 2 Major - Fine Art - Sculpture