Taxation Research in Current Topics
Explore why Australia’s tax system relies on a mix of direct and indirect taxes levied by state governments and the Commonwealth.Inspect national taxation issues, then take a global perspective and assess the reliability of international tax information.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 31 Aug 2020
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- interpret, research, describe and analyse the challenges in current taxation issues in Australia
- develop and apply critical reasoning to issues in taxation
- using appropriate technologies make judgements about the reliability and validity of global taxation information
- Research technique
- First selected research topic in current area
- Second selected research topic in current area
- Third selected research topic in current area
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject examines and analyses current topics in State and Federal taxes in the context of applicable Australian legislation and cases. Issues that are of topical interest and contention will be examined in the context of case studies.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Current Taxation Case Study 1 (30%)
- Current Taxation Case Study 2 (30%)
- Current Taxation Case Study 3 (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.