- Framing a research project that is appropriate in scope and scale, including explicit research question(s)
- Developing detailed understanding of a topic
- Backgrounding a project with conceptual development and literature analysis
- Conducting secondary research (derived/desktop/text-based)
- Writing up research findings in a report or long essay style
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Completion of at least one core subject.
No special requirements
Students undertake a supervised independent project either individually or in collaboration with other students in an area approved by the supervisor. Projects can be applied, reflective, critical or a combination of these attributes. Students are strongly urged to develop a project that is significant to their ongoing studies or prospective employment.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Final project (90%)
- Literature review (10%)
Textbook information is pending.