Spatial Database Systems (On-campus)
Your upfront cost: $0
17 weeks weeks
- 26 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
- design a complex data base, to solve a specific data storage problem and avoid anomalies, using database modelling tools
- compare the advantages and disadvantages of different database design options and justify choices made for a given spatial scenario
- choose an appropriate data structure for optimal database efficiency
- utilise and transform existing data to solve complex spatial theories
- 1. Conceptual and Logical Database Design
- 2. The Relational Model
- 3. Physical Database Design
- 4. Spatial SQL and Handling Topology
- 5. Case Study - Floristic Information Management System (FIMS)
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
The focus of this unit is on the theoretical and practical uses of spatial database systems, with an emphasis on conceptual, logical and physical database design, spatial data management, structured query language, topological issues, spatial data types and spatial querying.
1. Problem Solving Report 1, 25 percent, ULOs assessed 1; 2. Problem Solving Report 2, 35 percent, ULOs assessed 2,3,4; 3. Examination, 40 percent, ULOs assessed 2,3,4.
Current study term: 25 Jul 21 to 12 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.