Build a solid future in site management and construction. Learn techniques to organise site layout, materials, plant and labour. Study the scope of site manager responsibilities from site safety through to legal obligations and industrial relations.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 May 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify key concepts of managing a construction site
- evaluate the relationships between site management and project management
- develop an appropriate site management plan for a construction project.
- Managing a Construction Site
- Site Safety Management
- Safety Analysis and Risk Management
- Site Surveying and Setting Out
- Site Layout and Mobilisation
- Site Management and Production
- Planning and Managing Plant
- Materials and Waste Management
- Managing Sub-Contractors
- Design and Documentation
- Legal Responsibilities
- Industrial Relations
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject focuses on the management processes that can be adopted for site organisation and site layout. Students will discuss and apply the principles of management on site of materials, plant and labour, site security, subcontractors, industrial relations and site safety.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Online test (20%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Site management plan (50%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.