Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Sexology and public health
- Sexuality through the lifespan
- Sexual behaviours
- Diverse sexuality and gender identity
- Reproductive health
- Sexual abuse
- Sexuality and disability
- Sexual difficulties
- International issues
- Indigenous issues
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Chat Rooms
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in this area, eg from studying related Level 1 and 2 subjects or other relevant experience.
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
Contemporary issues in the understanding of human sexuality including the social determinants of sexual health. Students will investigate sexual difficulties, gender issues, sexual behaviours, culture and sexuality and sexuality for people with disabilities.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Community of Prac Discussions (35%)
- Assignment 2 - e-test (25%)
- Assignment 3 - Reflection and Position Paper (40%)