You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Quality in health service organisations
- Quality assurance in health care
- Quality improvement
- Strategy and quality development
- Tools of quality improvement
- Measuring quality improvement
- Development of quality organisation
- Risk management
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
This subject was previously known as Health Service Quality Development.
The goal of this subject is to introduce the student to strategic approaches for developing a quality oriented health service organisation. Topics include: History and development of quality and safety; Quality and safety issues related to leadership, management, planning and management of information; Role of the consumer; Tools for process analysis and management; Outcomes of quality measurement; External recognition of quality programs; Safety and the quality agenda; Role of clinical governance.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (40%)
- Case Study Presentations (45%)
- Discussion Board (15%)
Textbook information is pending.
Master of Public Health
- Stream - Health Policy and Management
- Stream - Health Promotion
- Stream - Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics