Quantitative Techniques for Business
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Aug 2023
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, their online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
Learn more about Curtin.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- recognise practical business situations in which a range of statistical and mathematical techniques are applicable
- present, summarise and process suitable sample data, make basic statistical inferences which lead to appropriate business interpretations with the potential to develop sophisticated mathematical models
- use one or more current statistical software packages for basic data analysis
- Introduction, Sets and Functions
- Polynomial Functions
- Elementary Probability
- Probability Distributions
- Normal Distribution
- Hypothesis Testing
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This subject introduces mathematical concepts relevant to business and economic applications. The subject begins with a review of foundational concepts in algebra, progressing to elementary calculus used in applications of constrained and unconstrained optimisation. The second half of the subject reviews elementary statistical concepts and techniques for statistical inference.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Project Report (50%)
- Quizzes (50%)
Current study term: 27 Aug 23 to 26 Nov 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.