Pre-Intermediate Chinese Developing
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- conduct collaborative and self-directed conversation in a manner appropriate to the customs of Chinese speaking communities
- read and comment on short articles written in simplified scripts on contemporary Chinese society
- write a short report or summary of discussions on a variety of social and cultural topics
- apply appropriate language in cultural and social situations
- to be advised
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
Further develops communicative competence in the Chinese language through collaborative and self-directed learning activities. Students will acquire skills in handling short written texts on topics relating to contemporary Chinese society. They will be encouraged to express opinions, conduct discussions and present reports. Relevant cultural and social issues will be discussed.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Recorded presentation (35%)
- Language practice and reflection (40%)
- eTest (25%)