Planning for Sustainable Urban Development
Bring together the factors that go into planning a sustainable urban development.Delve into environmental, economic and governmental issues. Read up on interest groups. Familiarise yourself with sustainable water resource management considerations.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 29 Aug 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- critically analyse the key issues for environmental planning and its implications for urban form
- validate the management and governance of sustainability issues in relation to multi criteria reporting
- critically analyse the theoretical aspects of the sustainability debate within local and global contexts
- apply and justify the knowledge of sustainability indicators and audits to a planning project.
- Introduction to planning for sustainability
- Climate change
- Sustainability assessment
- Social sustainability
- The economic pillar
- Risk and uncertainty
- Biodiversity planning
- Sustainable water resource planning
- Brown issues
- Sustainability at a local level; resilience theory
- Sustainable cities
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Equipment requirements - Audio video equipment required
- Other requirements - Access to the internet. Admission to degree required. Provide an email address.
This subject was previously known as Planning for Sustainability. The examination of sustainability principles and urban form, including the study of interest groups, sustainable development, global and local environmental issues and responses, policies and agreements, indicators and audits.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (30%)
- Sustainability Reporting (35%)
- Sustainable City Presentation (Group) (35%)
Current study term: 28 Aug 22 to 27 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.