- Introduction to physical geography: the physical-environmental-social basis of our world
- Essentials of Physical Geography (earth structure, geological time)
- The dynamic planet
- Tectonics, places and volcanism
- River systems and landforms
- Weathering and landscapes
- Soils, ecosystems and biomes
- The oceans, coastal processes and landscapes
- Water resources and global climate systems
- Weather patterns
- Energy, atmosphere and global temperatures
- Conclusion: revisiting our earth
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject provides an introduction and exploration of the main principles of physical geography applied to urban, rural and regional environments. A range of topics are examined in relation to environmental processes as well as, social and economic public policy outcomes.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (30%)
- Online Quiz (30%)
- Laboratory (40%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.