- Introduction to Positive Learning Framework for Classroom Management
- Models of Classroom Management
- Proactive strategies: Teacher Behaviour and connecting with students
- Developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments - Preventative
- Developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments - Corrective
- Creating a personal learning management plan
- Re-engaging the disengaged learner
- Diverse needs of learners
- Strengths-based model
- Engaging the stakeholders
- Restorative practice
- Building resilience
- Reflection and review
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area, e.g. from studying related Level 1 subjects or other relevant experience.
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft office, video creation & editing software
This subject focusses on creating and maintaining a positive learning framework, developing safe, supportive and accountable learning environments. Emphasis will be placed on proactive teacher behaviour in meeting individual student needs, motivating and engaging all learners.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment — Plan (50%)
- Case Study- Report (40%)
- Exercises (10%)
Textbook information is pending.
Bachelor of Education Secondary Education
- Core Education Subjects - Unrestricted
- Major in The Arts - Visual Arts Education
- Major in English Education
- Major in Humanities and Social Sciences Education