Management of Information Services
View information management through the lenses of professional practice and workplace culture. Discover its impact on human resource managements, financial planning and strategic marketing. Learn to highlight the benefits of information services.
Your upfront cost: $0
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- describe the role of managers and managerial activities in information organisations
- describe stakeholder and regulatory mandates that impact on information services and organisations,
- contribute to the design and planning of organisational operations
- communicate the value and impact of protocols and tools that support and promote diversity and equity in information organisations
- apply management concepts and practices to a current professional context.
- Student will be provided with a list of topics in their Unit Outline.
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
and one of
- CUR-INFM250-Recordkeeping Concepts and Practice
- CUR-LIM115-Recordkeeping Concepts and Practice (No longer available)
- CUR-LIS125-Technologies for Information Services (No longer available)
- CUR-LIM125 (Not currently available)
- CUR-LIS100-Librarianship Concepts and Practice (No longer available)
- CUR-LIS110 (Not currently available)
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
This subject introduces students to management theory and frameworks relevant to the information professions. In this subject, students explore corporate governance as well as resources and project management planning, policies and practices. Key themes in this subject include stakeholder management, professional accountability, and how to contribute to a creative and innovative workplace. This subject includes professional workplace experience.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Investigation (25%)
- Exercise (35%)
- Case Study (40%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Textbooks are not required.